diumenge, de gener 06, 2008

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

I don't find useful to explain what this movie is and what this movie represents (it's better for you to seek http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedwig_and_the_Angry_Inch as there its wonderfully explained).

On the other hand, I find it more suitable to explain the Relationship between this movie and me...
It might not be the most interesting story. But it meant a lot to me...

As one day, a person I loved really much, and a person for whom I still care a lot, although the physical and psychical distance existing between us, made me look at this video. She was iLoGiCa. As far as I know, she still is.




The video was really impressing, really wonderful... It was around 2003...
Then 4 years later, my friend Argentina (who is my flatmate girlfriend), recommended me to see a movie which seemed interesting. It was Hedwig and the Angry Inch. And then, when the wonderful clip with the song "Origin of Love" began, I immediately recognized it. It impressed me a lot, again. But this time it was the whole movie... With the context... And the pain... The human pain. The entrapment you can perceive even if you are not a trans-gender.

And above all the wonderful story, which is wonderfully told, by John Cameron Mitchell (the same that wrote the script and directed the play). (John Cameron Mitchell recently directed a new film: Shortbus, which I haven't seen yet).

1 comentari: