dilluns, de novembre 14, 2005

Princess Irulan

Hi! Welcome to my blog. Although it's written mostly in my mother tongue, Catalan, from time to time I like to make some contribution in other languages I know, such as English, Spanish or French. If you find some title interesting but it's in catalan, you can ask me to translate it without any problem!
Actually I'm lost in the depths of Arrakis, roaming in the Dunes of a Supreme book by Frank Herbert, and filling my soul with the knowledge of Princess Irulan and her chronicles. I still don't know what will happen to the brave Paul Atreides and Jessica, his mother Bene Gesserit...
As a small proof of this deep knowledge, a poem: The Old Man's Hymn.
I drove my feet through a desert
Whose mirage fluttered like a host.
Voracious for glory, greedy for danger,
I roamed the horizons of al-Kulab,
Watching time level mountains
In its search and its hunger for me.
And I saw the sparrows swiftly approach,
Bolder than the onrushing wolf.
They spread in the tree of my youth.
I heard the flock in my branches
And was caught on ther beaks and claws!

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada