dilluns, de setembre 18, 2006

The Mysterious Mr. Quin, Agatha Christie

Lately I've been criticised because I write too often about Agatha Christie and his books. These people asks me to talk more about my everyday life. In fact if I write so many comments about books these days is because I've got plenty of time to read and I devote myself to this hobby of mine.

So far, the last book of Agatha Christie I've read is The Mysterious Mr. Quin. This book is composed by twelve short storys with the most peculiar characters by the autor: Mr. Sattertwaite, an old bachelor who has dedicated his entire live to observe the human behaviour in the deeps of love, and his odd and mysterious friend, Harley Quin. This one, whose name is pronounced the same way than Harlequin, appears in the most unexpected places, at the precise time to help his friend Mr. Satterwait avoid some disaster often involving crime, and love.

But contrary to what one can imagine, Harely Quin does nothing... He just asks the correct question. He just makes the correct comment in the appropiate time. And Mr. Satterwaite does the rest in his paper of great connaisseur of live, love, and the human condition.

These two characters only appear again in Problem At Pollensa Bay, The Harley Quin Tea Set or the Complete Harley Quin & Mr. Sattertwaite. Harley Quin is known to be Agatha's favourite character, inspired by the Harlequin character from her poem book The Road Of Dreams.

Although they are not my favourite characters, I kind of like the spiritualism around Mr. Quin. His impossible and mysterious unexpected appearances and his fantastic and mistic disappearances.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada