diumenge, de juliol 19, 2009

ÍNDIA XIX: Last week in Delhi

And for us arrived then the last week of work in India...
It started on Sunday, as the english week does.
For the first time me and my companion >Test< took the day in a calm way. This means NOT waking up early, going to do some extra shopping in a relaxed way, and so...
Saris, Punjabis, Pashminas, and many other presents for our friends and family.

The last work-week was hard, as most of them. But there were additional circumstances that made it special. And one of them is goodbyes. I don't like goodbyes. I'm usually criticised for being bad-mooded, bad-tempered, and cool with the goodbyes. The last one is undoubtedly true. :)
But goodbyes are necessary. They allow new hellos.

And there are those strange feelings that you carry for some time: melancholy, nostalgy... And the wondering of whether I will go back there someday.

For instance, the building that hosted us for the whole month...

And the nice nice guy that took care of us in the flat that hosted us. Gopal! Thank you very much!





The buffallos, the cows and the crazy traffic of Gurgaon...

Motorbikes with full families...

Cars horning...
Motorbikes horning...
Trucks horning...

Motor-taxis we called tub-tubs.

Bike-taxis.





And the most important good-byes: the ones with our fantastic guests and local work-mates.

With some of them we went to have dinner at a chinese restaurant near the office.

From left to right, in the photo, my companion >Test<, me, Jasneet the "what happens, be careful"-man, Gagan the "Configurator" magician, Shiraz, the "Contact" man, and Jitendra, "the quiet man". :)

A really kind and simpathetic bunch of people.








Nice nice photo of Gagan!









____________________________________________________________________

Later on we could take some pictures of the office.
Here Gagan and Jasneet. The Order Management Team! You can see them caught in surprise while they were working. Priceless the surprise face of Jasneet at the background of the photograph. I call that a "what-happens" face!
Here you have the sweet Nidhi, the smart Pankaj and the ever-smiling Kapil. Three of the persons that have suffered me the most. It is a very nice picture this one where you can see the team WORK IN PROGRESS. :)
Nitu, Meenakshi next to the leader Manish! If I was next to my boss I would also draw that kind of 'I'm-a-good-girl' face Nitu and Meenakshi are doing in the picture.


___________________________________________________________________________







Shiraz, Mr. "Contact". Caught in a big concentration moment.










In this one we have Varun just in the middle of a call.

And here you also have a nice idea of the office in Gurgaon.

Roopali is not in the pictures because unluckily that day she had a day off. Well, she is not the only one that it is not in the pictures, but I wanted to have some good words for her because when se later came to Spain, se worked so hard in those conditions (foreign country, and a lot of people asking her to solve problems and issues)... She deserved, some words, don't you think?

And finally in this set of photos (more will come I suppose, but not made in India), we have Gaurav "Mr CQ" and Avneet the "S_ORG_EXT" man.

They have been our Indian half.
They have worked really hard...
Really really hard...










And finally,this is the group I worked the most with. Team! I used to call them My Team. JG's Team. I'm so glad of the work we have done togheter!!!!! Thank you very much for everything. To all of you. (And some that don't appear here)

I had to write it here. I couldn't bear it.

Then we left work, we left the appartment, and we headed for our last destination: Jim Corbett's National Park... Soon. Here...

3 comentaris:

  1. Hey, thats a real nice post Joan, and its so nice of you to put our pictures up in your blog and say so nice things..
    thank you so much... it was a pleasure to have you here in India as well. Hope to see you soon again :)

    ResponElimina
  2. Anònim09:36

    Joan u have captured us so beautifully...
    A big thank u for that..
    The blog is really very well written ..

    Hope to see u soon..
    -Shiraz-

    ResponElimina
  3. Meenakshi, Shiraz, thank you very much for your kind words. I really hope to see you all again some day!

    :)

    ResponElimina