dimecres, de maig 27, 2009

INDIA (IX): Short Story

One of the best memories of my trip with >Test< to India is the evening we spent with Jasneet and Pankaj at the Moet's in Gurgaon, near our house.

I think I will never forget that day. The reason?

A very funny story.

We ordered some drink and food. Spicy food of course, we are talking about India.

And I was unlucky enough to bite a piece of food that contained a full chilly that ended on my tongue.

For an Indian person, that may be usual and bearable, but for me, even though I love hot food, it was far too much. That's the reason why my face became red and some tears began falling from my eyes... Gosh! That was suffering.

Then Pankaj, my mate and friend, taught me a great lesson for any traveler to India: when that happens the solution is to spread a lot of salt in the tongue, leave it there for some seconds (more than 30) and then, drink water to remove the salt. And it's a really efficient solution.
A lesson I will never forget, as well as the funny story.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada