dijous, de novembre 13, 2008

Sex and the city


Finally they have made a film.
My relationship with this TV series is funny.
As many TV series in my life, I got addicted to this TV Show because of my mother.

At my last high-school year, or something like that, my parents (specially my mother) was really addicted to Sex And The City. It was translated into Spanish to something like "Sexo en Nueva York" (Sex in NY). And it was about 4 women's relationships with men and sex, seen through the eyes of one of them, a journalist who had a weekly column in a well known Magazine.

When I moved to Barcelona, to the University, I kept on watching this series on sunday evening... In fact it was, before the breaking discoveral of C.S.I., the only TV show I indulged myself in on those days of hard study.

Anyway I grow old... I had a girlfriend. I left a girlfriend. I kept on studing... And seeing this TV series until, one day, I got tired of it. I though the scripts were becoming too complicated. Too absurd. And now I thing that they were also too realistic and that felt strange...

For instance, I never will understand why someone, a girl, who has the perfect couple, deceives him and loses him just for someone who doesn't deserve it. Women are like that.

Anyway, what I was trying to say is that I lost my interest in Sex and the City, and I just watched it from time to time when I was in Mallorca visiting my mother. Enough to know the main plot lines in the lifes of the four girls.

So when LaDesaparecidaMalvada proposed that we could go to see it, I accepted. It would be funny to meet again the 4 friends and their adventures, specially seeing that probably this was going to be the definitive final point to their lives, after 10 years of continuous adventures, laughters and tears within the relationships with men in the Big Apple.

If you like the TV series, you'll enjoy the movie.
If you don't... Probably you won't.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada