dilluns, de novembre 06, 2006

Mariah Carey & I

I shouldn't explain this. Maybe I will regret it. But I will.

I don't like Mariah Carey. It's a music style that makes me feel nothing. It tells nothing to me. I understand that to many people it's a king of music lively, lovely and easy to listen. That's out of discussion to me. But well, I find it dull and ordinary.

Anyway, when I was really really young, more than 10 years ago, I saw a TV live show in the Spanish free tv in which Mariah Carey sang Without You. I really liked it very much. From that day on I regarded respectfully Mariah Carey untill I became a teenager, with a more critical point of view. In that point of view, Mariah Carey was devil. I didn't like it when the Disco DJs put her songs... I used to get really bored. But even then I loved that cover, Without You.

Nowadays, my iTunes Library, which contains all the music I love & listen (obviously), I have just 5 song by Mariah Carey: two covers, Without You & Jackson 5's I'll Be There; When You Believe, a duet with Whitney Houston, and two tracks from Butterfly: Fly Away and Honey.

Carey will never be one of my favourite performers... In fact it's quite possible that I might hate deeply most of her songs. But, as you can see, there are some exceptions.

2 comentaris:

  1. Oooh xD un post en anglès! Quan de temps sense llegir anglès!!! Però LA MARIAH CAREY!!! Jus... En fi, la vida xD

    ResponElimina
  2. Ja sé... Abril... Tens tota la raó...

    Per això m'he vist obligat a posar les fotos...

    :D

    (Tothom té gustos ocults, encara que només d'una o dues cançons es tracti)

    ResponElimina