dimecres, de gener 26, 2011

The Lord of the Rings


















1 year and 50 days.

1 years and 50 days since I began a wonderful trip with Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin...
An amazing adventure of many faces and colors. With thousand of landscapes....

It is the first time in my life that a pack of movies (wonderfully done) have seduced me enough to read the
big all-time best selling book.

You may know that I have a mania: in my opinion if a book becomes a best-seller, it is a proof of low intellectual value, mixed with high levels of sensationalism. Therefore I usually reject the idea of reading best-sellers, specially if they have a movie version: I'd rather see the time-condensed movie than spend my time with the book. A book that most surely won't be that much enriching.

But after being delighted by the Peter Jackson's movies, I decided to read the book. And believe me, it is worth it.

I adquired this volume published by HarperCollins in 2003, containing the three volumes of the Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring, the Two Towers and the Return of the King.

And during this year, I have enjoyed this book enormously.

In this blog you can find during this year many quotations from the book, which may give you an insight of how wonderful the experience can be.


Now I've finished it. I liked it so much that I have read even the Appendixes. It is one of the best adventure books written in the XX century. Of that I have no doubt.

In addition, I will tell you a secret you can't share with no one:
for the first time in a long long long time, I've cried with a book.
I've really felt a strange mix of friendship and admiration for the inspired bench of characters that fill the pages of that extraordinary story.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada